The Comité de getion de la taxe scolaire de l’île de Montréal takes all necessary precautions to ensure the confidentiality of personal information and complies with the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information.
Personal information that you send us
In accordance with the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, a public body requesting personal information from you must ensure that it is necessary to collect this information (section 64), identify itself and inform you (section 65) of:
- the name and address of the public body on whose behalf the information is being collected
- the purposes for which the information is being collected
- the categories of persons who will have access to the information
- whether a reply is obligatory or optional
- the consequences for the person concerned or, in the case of a third party, for that person, in the case of a refusal to reply
- the rights of access and correction provided by law
In compliance with this legal requirement, the Comité de gestion would like to assure you that if you decide to complete an electronic form and send it to us on our Web site or if you send us information by e-mail, we will use only the information required to answer and follow up on your message. Electronic messages are subject to the same confidentiality measures as regular mail.
The personal information you send us is conveyed to another government body only if your request is intended for that body or if the communication of this information is required by law. In no case is the information provided to us used to create user profiles. Nor is it conveyed to any private organization.
It is important to be aware that whenever you access www.cgtsim.qc.ca, an exchange of information takes place between your computer and our server. This occurs automatically and without any action on your part. The information exchanged does not identify you personally. It consists of the following:
- the Internet domain name (e.g. provider123.qc.ca or universityXYZ.ca) and your IP address (e.g. 188.8.131.520); your IP address may change each time your computer connects; this is what’s known as a dynamic IP
- the type of browser you are using (e.g. Netscape 4.17 or Explorer 5) and the operating system (e.g. Windows 98 or Mac OS 9)
- the date and time you accessed our site
- the pages you consulted and the amount of time you spent consulting them
- possibly, the address of the site that sent you to www.cgtsim.qc.ca
This information is used for technical and statistical purposes only and under no circumstances do we draw on it to compile user lists.
The Comité de gestion Web site does not place permanent cookies on users’ hard disks. Nevertheless, when a temporary cookie is required for navigation with ASP (Active Server Pages), it is stored in random access memory and automatically erased when the user leaves the site.
At any time, you may set your browser options to reject cookies, but be aware that doing so may disable some of the Web site’s advanced capabilities.
Other Web sites
The Comité de gestion Web site may sometimes provide links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content on these sites. These Web sites may or may not have their own confidentiality policy.